Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter

There are so many fun things about Easter and I feel like we did our best to enjoy every aspect of the holiday. We spent a week discussing the life of Jesus Christ. We discussed each day of his life before Easter Sunday. It was really neat to remind us about our Savior's love and sacrifice for us. Tanner was so cute trying to learn and understand the word "resurrection". It was so funny! On Thursday we dyed Easter eggs. Tanner was pretty much a pro by this point, but it was Bailey's first time to dye eggs by herself. She was so fun to watch. She loved when we pulled the eggs out and they would be a different color. She's such a fun age right now, everything is a new experience and she is more than happy to try it all out.


Then on Friday we went over to a local nursery to see the live bunnies. They were offering free professional pictures. I couldn't pass of that chance, so we got the kids dressed in their Easter outfits and had their pictures done. I love the ones Chris snapped while we were waiting for the photographer to change SD cards.



 
 
  
After the pictures were over the kids went inside the nursery to follow their little "bunny trail". They hunted eggs and got candy. They loved it. 


 
 
After the bunny trail we headed over to Uncle Joe's house to dye more Easter eggs for our big party. Joseph got this "no spill" egg dye and the kids loved it. We dyed 3 dozen eggs, ate some burgers and then headed home. 


Then on Saturday night we took the kids outside and had them plant their magic jelly beans. We told them that only the magic of the Easter moon helps to make the jelly beans grow. So we helped both kids dig their holes and plant their beans in the ground.


Bailey was a little more than hesitant to bury her beans, she really really just wanted to eat them. 
Then we watered them and waited for the magic to happen.
Then came Easter morning, the kids ran outside and couldn't believe their eyes. Tanner's exact words were "WHOA- How did that grow????"
I love Bailey's face in these pictures...she looks confused and in awe at the same time. I LOVE IT!
Tanner was more than thrilled with the change in his beans. So fun! I love this new tradition!
Then we dug into their Easter baskets. Here is Bailey's basket- most of it wouldn't fit, so she really didn't get all that much, it just looks like alot when it's all spread out like this. 
Here is Tanner's basket. His is bigger and it holds a lot more. Trust me- he wasn't neglected.

Kiddos with their baskets. They loved it. So fun!
My kids adore books and they both pulled their books out of their baskets and immediately started reading them. Love that they love books!
After they finished going through their baskets we had our very simple Easter breakfast. (Chris was at work, so I didn't make anything real fancy.) Just powdered sugar donut bunnies. 

 
Then we snapped some pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits and headed out the door to go to church. I love this first picture. It so clearly shows my sweet kids and their sweet personalities. 

 
After a wonderful Easter Sunday at church, we came home to find two more Easter baskets on our back porch. Our sweet neighbor brought them over while we were gone and told me the Easter bunny left two extra at her house and she wanted us to have them. It's so fun to have sweet and caring neighbors. Then it was naps and Daddy came home. While the kids napped I made my part of our Easter dinner. Then we went to my parent's house. My mom was in Utah visiting my sisters, but we still had dinner there. It was delicious. Then the kids played outside because the weather was beautiful. I love this picture I snapped of Bailey. She's my sweetheart.

 
It was a great Easter. I hope everyone else enjoyed their Easter Sunday as much as we did. Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. I wish we could have all spent Easter together but we feel lucky to have had Mom:)

    ReplyDelete