Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Bailey Boo


Happy 1st birthday to my sweet baby girl!
I can't believe it's been a year since Bailey entered our lives. Time seems to speed up as you have more kids. That being said, I feel like I've been able to really enjoy my kids over the past year. Having two is understandably harder, but I LOVE IT. I can't imagine our lives without miss Bailey.
She brings sunshine everywhere she goes and has a little smile that is so contagious you can't help but fall in love.
Here are 12 facts about Bailey
1. She LOVES her brother. Even when he's beating up on her or has her pinned to the floor and is tickling her- she is laughing her happiest laugh.
2. She LOVES to eat. You know how most kids have a little appetite button that switches off when they are full. Bailey didn't come with one of those. She will eat as long as there is food in front of her. She is such a chunk. I love it though, because Tanner was such a picky eater at this age, its nice to have an easy eater.
3. Bailey is not one to be rocked to sleep. When its nap time or bedtime, we just place her in her crib and she lays down and puts herself to sleep. I hardly ever get to just rock her. She is VERY independent.
4. Bailey looks ALOT like me as a baby. Especially now as she gets more and more expressive. I have a feeling she will have more of my personality too. Tanner definitely got Chris' relaxed, easy-going personality. Not a whole lot bothers Tanner. I have a feeling Bailey will be a lot more like me. Sorry Bailey!
5. Bailey can say lots of words already. She says: "Mama" "Dada" "Nana"- (Tanner) "Baba"-(bottle) "Nanny" "Papa" "Bye" "Mo"- (more) and she's learning more all the time. I swear she said "car" the other day.
6. Bailey is walking along furniture like a pro. She will take a couple steps alone to get from the coffee table to the couch, but isn't real interested in walking alone too much. She's an expert crawler and climber. She can get on both couches, in our dishwasher and into the tub all my herself.
7.Bailey is a generally happy kid. The first few months of her life were kinda rough for the both of us. But after that it only got better and now-a-days she's simply a joy to be around. She smiles all the time and loves to be involved in whatever is going on.
8. Bailey loves when Daddy comes home. No matter what she's doing or what room of the house she's in, when she hears that door close and her daddy's voice- she's crawls as fast as she can to find him. It's so cute!
9. Bailey loves my friend Julie. Although Bailey only sees Julie once/week at church and occasionally during the week, she freaks out whenever she sees her. I mean she loves her Nanny and Papa, Aunts and Uncles but this is different. She will literally climb out of my arms or anyone else's arms to get to Julie. I'm pretty sure they must have been best friends in Heaven. Its crazy!
10. Bailey loves climbing stairs. This, of course, drives me crazy and makes me a nervous wreck. Before we knew she could climb stairs we found her on the 7th step. So yeah- she's pretty quick. When you take her off the stairs, she cries. She loves them!
11. Bailey has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. I understand, she's pretty cute, but this is ridiculous. Chris would do anything for this girl, anytime of the day or night. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and find them asleep on the couch together. Later I'll ask Chris when Bailey cried in the night because I didn't hear her. He'll reply "she didn't really cry, I just knew she wanted to be held."
He's so whipped. Bailey loves it and so do I!
12. When all is said and done- Bailey is still a "Momma's girl". And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Happy birthday Bailey! We are so lucky to have you in our family! You really are our sunshine girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment