Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bailey's Sunshine Party

We just had Bailey's 1st birthday party and I love how it all came together. Even though I was sick with bronchitis, bordering on pneumonia and Bailey had an ear infection- we sucked it up and had a great time. The theme was "You are my Sunshine". Everything was pink and yellow. It really reflected the girl Bailey has become. She smiles all the time and is really a happy sunshine girl. I had so much fun picking everything out for this party. It was fun to find all the hot pink and yellow decorations and it was even more fun to see it all come together.
I spent most the day getting ready for the party, while Chris took care of the kids. He's awesome like that.
Here are some pictures from the party.
Here is the food table


Favor and Water bottle Table

Water bottle labels

Favors

I also put together a "12 Months of Bailey" table. It had a picture of Bailey from each month of her life. Then in the middle it had a manzanita tree with tiny clips and notes to the birthday girl. I loved seeing how Bailey has changed over the past months. I gotta say- I just love that girl and her adorable smiles.

Here are some close-ups of the food table.
Raspberry Lemonade. Don't you love those hot pink straws? I fell in love with them and just had to have them for her party.

This was the guest cake.

Candy buffet



The first thing we did was open presents. Bailey did great. She loved opening the presents. Once she got them open she didn't care to play but she loved pulling the tissue paper out and making a mess of the wrapping paper. I think her favorite part was looking at the birthday cards. She was so funny. It was like she was actually reading them.

Bailey and I opening her presents

Bailey also loved her new boots from Nanny and Papa

We didn't get Bailey many presents because we got her a "Big Girl Carseat" for her big present. I did get her some new clothes and a couple of small toys, but I'm mostly excited about her new carseat. She looks so cute facing forward, sitting right next to her brother.

After presents we did cake and the candy buffet. Tanner was so funny. He loved picking out his candy. After Tanner got his cake and candy I asked him to go find a place to sit down and eat, this is where I found him.

He's practically under the table. Such a silly boy!
Here is Bailey walking around with her Uncle David while everyone was eating cake. Doesn't she look cute all dressed up in pink and yellow? I made those little ruffle bloomers for her party and I was relieved they actually still fit her when the party day came.

Bailey and I visiting with all her guests.

After everyone had eaten we put Bailey in her "sunshine chair" and let her have her birthday cake.
Bailey's highchair all decked out for her big party


I love this picture. It looks like she's waving and telling me she's one!
Bailey and her Nanny

Family Picture before Bailey digs in. Can you tell Tanner was trying to get attention anyway possible? Cheeseball!

Here is the cake I made for Bailey

True to form, Bailey dug right in and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Man I love this girl!
Look at that face. I'm surprised she wasn't drooling.

Digging in

Yum! Oh so good!

She seemed to enjoy her party and I'm glad we had it when we did, instead of postponing. Bailey is my little sunshine girl. She loves to be involved in whatever is going on and she loves to play. As long as she is well rested and well fed she's a happy camper.
I love this girl so much!

3 comments:

  1. I know I already told you, but this is seriously the cutest party ever. You need to be on Hostess with the Mostess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Emily! And Bailey is incredibly adorable! Wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are insane! i wish i could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete