Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

These last few days have been so crazy. We had a TON of family in for the holiday and it was a blast. We missed Sarah, Laura and David of course, but we had lots of yummy food, awesome football and family time- so it was good.
I didn't get a ton of pictures on Thanksgiving day, but here a few.

Papa and I made apple place settings for each person. There were 26 of us total and we thought place settings would be helpful. Each apple had the top cored and a tea light was placed inside. Then we wrote everyone's names on an apple and put them around the tables. Yeah we had three tables....SO MANY PEOPLE!


Tanner thought they looked pretty tasty.

Until he got a mouthful of candle.

After everyone got seated we went around saying what we were thankful for and after you listed your blessings you blew out your candle. It was cool.

This is a random kitchen shot, but you can kind of see the counter- that's after we devoured the food. You can imagine how full the dishes were and how much we ate.
There wasn't ANY turkey leftover.

Then Tanner helped out by throwing the apples away. He loved it.


This went on for about 20 minutes. So funny.
Here's the crew- well actually this is about half the crew

After pie we headed home, I had to go to bed so I could wake up at 1:30 am to go BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING. Yeah I'm insane. Julie, Julieta, Tamara and I went up to Branson and then to Springfield to shop. We got to Target right before it opened and rushed inside. Then we went to Kohls, walmart, the mall in Springfield and a baby store. We had a blast!!! It was crazy but so fun. I wasn't really looking for any big items, but I bought some movies, a cd, a couple winter hats, and some clothes for Tanner.
I was so tired after but I couldn't unwind enough to take a nap. I just had to settle for an early bedtime that night.
Friday Night Jon and Julie came over to say bye because they were leaving to drive back to Utah the next day. Tanner really loved Jon and Julie. Julie gave him this lion washcloth and he loved it. They're pretty much best friends now.

Saturday I took Tanner to story time at the library, he loved the stories. But then they brought out a snake-I guess the lesson was on reptiles-but Tanner didn't like it. So we didn't stay.
Then we went and bought our Christmas tree-so excited- and then Tanner had to take a nap. We went over to my grandma's house for the HOG game and watched them Kick LSU's butt. SO AWESOME! It was a close game but we pulled through and had an amazing season. 10-2. Not bad and we're ranked #7 now. It was probably the best birthday present for my Dad.
That night I went out with one of my best friends and had dinner. It was so fun to see her. They live in Florida and I seldom get to see her.
We celebrated Papa's birthday the next day. We opened presents and ate cake. Tanner loved the tool box Papa got. Even Clark got in on the playing action.


Happy Birthday Papa!

Now life can mostly resume as usual! I have so much to be grateful for and I look forward to enjoying my blessings. I have the best boys in the world.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, talk about a thanksgiving to remember! how fun to have all the Lanoys there. im loving the picture of dad with clark in the bag and tanner just loving every second of it. i miss my nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so my comment on the previous post was supposed to be for this one. No wonder I was so confused after I posted it.

    Love those last two pictures!

    ReplyDelete