Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Time Comes Once a Year

I love this time of year- I love the holiday treats, decorations, and family time. Its been fun to learn some new things this year. My Grams taught me how to make caramels this year. Lets just say I went a little caramel crazy. But they are so delicious and I couldn't help myself.
I finally finished our stockings and baked about 20 dozen cookies to hand out to our neighbors and the families Chris home-teaches.

Our Stockings


I think I made 8 plates of cookies like this. I was so tired after all that baking.

And I'm working on these little snowmen gourds for a center piece. (Pictures coming soon) The Christmas shopping is all done. I can't tell you how much I love the convenience of online shopping. Its so awesome. I didn't buy a single gift at the store this year. And I was done with my shopping way early! Well, way earlier than last year.
Tanner is growing up so fast. His newest thing is to stand. He loves to be sitting on my lap, then he'll straighten his legs and stand right up. Its so funny.

He thinks he's such a big boy.


We went to the ward Christmas party tonight and Tanner sat on Santa's lap. He actually liked it. He was smiling and everything. But it helped that Santa was using his beard (which was real) to tickle Tanner's face.

Which on one hand is kind of gross, but on the other hand it was making Tanner crack up.


He's becoming more and more social. He laughs a lot more and smiles all the time. It makes playing with him so much more fun! I just love being a mom. I feel so blessed to have a husband who can provide for us, so I don't have to work.

So happy!


He loves his fingers!


I can hardly wait til Christmas. My sister Sarah gets in tonight, and although my brothers and sister in law can't come this year, it will be so fun to have part of the family together.
Oh and our post office here is doing this thing where you can send a letter to Santa at the North pole. You don't have to put any stamps on the letter, you just address it to Santa Claus- North Pole. Then they send it for you, and Santa writes a letter back to you. I wrote one for Tanner because I thought a letter from Santa with the North Pole postage stamp would be a really cute keepsake for his first Christmas. Here is Tanner's first letter to Santa.

Dear Santa:
This is my first letter, and I’m not sure what to write.
I’ve been a very good boy this year, and I never fuss or fight.
I don’t need much for Christmas, but if you’ll lend your ear,
I’ll tell you what I want, and I’ll make it very clear.
I want my little fist to suck on all the time.
And maybe endless bottles, is that really such a crime?
I also want a new binky for when I take my naps,
And I want to be with Mom and Dad and sit upon their laps.
That’s all I really need this year, so Santa please take heed
I’ll be waiting up for you to see you Christmas Eve.
Love,
Tanner
Age: 4 months

I hope everyone enjoys this holiday season and is able to spend time with their loved ones. I know we will. Love to you all and Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. First of all, Emily thank you for getting a blog! Your family always give me a hard time for not facebooking so it is so nice to have you in the blogging world too! Tanner is way too cute and I love all his hair! Your letter to Santa was adorable and seriously Gram's carmels are the best! We love your Christmas card too. Tell all the family hello and Merry Christmas for us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, you are crazy. One kind of cookie/sweet is good enough for me! Haha. I love the picture of Tanner standing up. He looks so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are you? the rhyming letter? I mean seriously? Tanner is adorable, and of course you made crazy cookie plates. Hope mine doesn't spoil in the mail... :-D Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys. I just love this time of the year and I love all the fun things that go along with it. I really wanted Tanner's first Christmas to be special- not that he will remember it, but I will.

    ReplyDelete