Sunday, June 26, 2022

Young Women's Camp 2022

 I was lucky enough to get to go to Girl's camp this year. 
Back in January I was asked to serve as the camp craft leader. While I wasn't sure what to expect and a lot of hard work went into it, I can say with total confidence that it was so great and I can't wait for next year. 

I had forgotten how wonderful camp is. The girls in our stake are wonderful, amazing girls and I felt so blessed to be around them. My first morning there I was a little out of my element, but once I got used to the noise and loud atmosphere I started to enjoy myself. 

The girls were constantly cheering for each other, singing songs and chatting. It was loud but it was loving and uplifting. I loved it. 

As the stake camp craft leader, I was assigned to come up with a big craft that all the girls would do during a certain time period but also smaller crafts for them to do during their free time. 
I brought lots of embroidery thread and beads for bracelets and hair wraps. I brought  a little cactus craft and markers and pens for sketching. Girls were constantly making friendship bracelets and it was so cute to see. 

However, the big craft that took all my time was a paint by number picture of Christ. 
As far as I could tell, the girls loved it and I was so relieved. 


I had premixed many of the colors to get the right shade and then I had all the colors in paint pot strips for easy access. I made 180 of them and up until the night before girls camp, I was still gathering picture frames to put them in once the girls finished. It was so much work but it turned out great and I'm so happy. 

I was spiritually uplifted at  camp and since there was no phone signal there, I was able to disconnect from the world and reconnect with the spirit. 

Next year Bailey gets to go and I can't wait to see how much she loves it. Girl's camp is a special place and I'm grateful I was able to go and be reminded of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment