Friday, July 9, 2021

Our New Dog!

I can still hardly believe it but we did it. We made the plunge! We got a dog. 
What?? Crazy! It really seems crazy!
But I feel like our kids are finally getting older and we are entering a different stage of life. Bailey has been dying to get a dog for years and after our last two visits to Oregon and playing with Rosie non stop, we felt like it was finally time. 
So the day after we got back from Oregon, I drove to the local animal shelter to meet this cutie pie. 
I had called ahead and talked to one of the workers at the shelter. I told her I didn't want a puppy. I wanted a dog who would be good with kids and could be an outdoor dog. They narrowed it down to two dogs and I met "Clementine" first. I fell in love with her for the first moment they brought her out. She licked my face and her tail was wagging so hard that it was like a weapon. I knew she was the perfect little dog for us. 

I left the shelter to go home and talk to Chris and make sure we were still doing this crazy thing. 
He was still onboard, so I grabbed the kiddos and we loaded up in the van to go get our new dog. 
The kids were beyond thrilled. 
We met Clementine and we all fell in love with her. 
We brought her home and introduced her to her new home. 
We are all pretty smitten with our new sweet pup. 




Clementine even knows how to shake. The kids love that she knows a trick already. 

Clementine is a pit bull/bull dog mix. She is a big sweetheart and we all love her already!
Welcome to the family Clementine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment