Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Gender Reveal for our last Little Baby

Today I had my gender ultrasound at my doctor's office, but I didn't find out the gender at the appointment. The ultrasound tech wrote it down and put it in an envelop for me and I gave it to my dear friend Jessica Fuhriman.
We decided to do a shotgun/powder reveal this time and so Jessica opened the envelop and bought the appropriate color of powder. Then I made this box and a few hours later we met up to take the picture. 
We used chalk powder and tannerite for the explosion. So Jessica set up her camera behind us and then when Chris shot the box with his shotgun, the box with the powder inside exploded and the power revealed we are having a BOY!!!
Bailey was heartbroken the powder wasn't pink. She saw it and immediately started crying. Through her tears she said "I wanted it to be a girl baby". I was disappointed too but mostly heartbroken for Bailey. I desperately wanted her to have a sister. But the baby is healthy and growing right on track so we are grateful. 
Chris took Bailey aside and dried her tears. He told her that she would always be his girl and that he would play barbies and princesses with her whenever she needed someone to play with. It was so sweet and I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who knows how to deal with the emotional ladies in his life.
Bailey was still sad when it was time for a group picture, but it's kind of the perfect depiction of our reactions. Tanner is so thrilled that it's a boy. Tucker is just sad because he isn't going to be the baby anymore and Bailey is heartbroken it's not a girl. Meanwhile, Chris and I are just grateful we have  a healthy little baby. 
I know by the time this little boy gets here, Bailey and Tucker will be excited and happy, but in the meantime- I let her eat chocolate and ice cream for dinner tonight and I joined her as we ate our feelings. And even though, I am a little disappointed that we are having a girl, I am also relieved. My boys have been angelic and happy babies, while Bailey was extremely difficult and cried non stop. So if this baby boy is anything like his older brothers- I will be thrilled to add one more wild Herb boy to our family. Finding out the gender makes this so much more real. I'm getting excited and can't believe that in less than 6 months he will be here and our family will be complete. . 



No comments:

Post a Comment