Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tanner's first day of Pre-K

 Tanner had his first day of Pre-K today at "Explore and Discover". He wasn't really excited to have to go to school after just getting home from our vacation to Florida. He just wanted to play at home, but we were able to get him happy and ready for his first day. 
Can't believe this little man is 5 years old and starting Pre-K. While most of his little buddies started kindergarten this year, we have one more year of preschool because his birthday is after the kindergarten cut-off date. I'm mostly okay with him starting late, since boys can serve their missions at age 18 now. This means I will get him to myself for a year longer before he goes on his mission. 
Anyways, here are his first day of Pre-K pictures. I love this handsome little dude. 




His teacher, Ms. Leslie, is wonderful. We are so excited to spend this next school year learning with her. She is so sweet and patient.
I walked Tanner into his class and he immediately started making friends. He didn't even care that I was there. I gave him a good bye hug and then backed out the door so I could make sure he was OK. He didn't even look up from the toys he was playing with. He was completely comfortable. 
He stayed at preschool from 8 am - 12:00 pm. When I picked him up at 12:00 pm, he told me "You were right Mom, my new preschool is AWESOME. I loved it. I had a great first day."
How adorable is that? It made me so happy to hear him so excited. He can't wait to go back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment