Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall is Finally Here!!!

I am so excited for Fall. It's such a fun time of the year. The weather is fantastic, the food is delicious and there are so many fun activities for families.
We kicked off fall with a "talk like a pirate" day at Krispy Kreme. If you came to Krispy Kreme and said something along the lines for "Ahoy matey, give me a donut" then you got a free donut. But if you came in full costume you got a dozen free donuts.
So we threw together these costumes .
Tanner loved having a hook. It was so funny to watch him.
Bailey actually wore a costume I got on clearance last year. She loved the way she looked and kept looking down and checking herself out.
My adorable scurvy pirates.
Then Bailey stole Tanner's hook and took off. She was pretty proud of herself. I was just cracking up. She's probably the cutest pirate I've ever seen.
So we got there and the kids each got their free donut - SO YUMMY!
Then they brought EACH of my kids their own box of donuts. WHAT???
Yep- so many donuts. The kids were thrilled.
The following weekend we went to Mtn. Home for my nephew Clark's bday party. We also managed to squeeze in some football time with Papa.
Love my family in Razorback red.
We've been spending a lot of time at the park too. The weather is so nice that we just don't want to come inside. After swim lessons one day we found a park with a huge tunnel curvy slide- which made Tanner so happy.

The kids also enjoy playing in our backyard. The will play back there for hours. I just leave the windows open so I can hear them and let them play. I LOVE HAVING A FENCED IN BACKYARD!
 
One night we made mini caramel apples on sticks. These were a huge hit with the kids. We let them dip their own apples in the caramel. It was so funny to watch them eat these. Also there was hardly any mess since they were bite-sized apple balls.
On the days we are home and have time, we like to eat in our backyard. Backyard picnics are becoming a regular thing, especially with the wonderful weather!!!
I also get to wake up to these two sweethearts in my bed most mornings. Chris will wake up to get ready before and when he gets in the shower, the kids sneak into my bed and snuggle me. I love it. It's such a sweet way to wake up (most of the time)
Another favorite fall activity was making these fun little apple pies. Tanner helped me mix the apples and sugar and then we filled the crusts. He couldn't wait to eat his little pie. Bailey just held hers for a while. She thought it was too cute to eat. (Don't worry, that didn't last long. She devoured hers too)
 
One day we had some friends over and made some fall leaf cookies.
I made the sugar cookie dough the night before dyed it different fall colors.
The next morning we mixed the dough together and made these cool fall looking leaves.
Bailey loved it. She would hold the cookie leaf and say "It's so cute, Mom."
The kids really enjoyed rolling the dough flat and using the cookie cutters to made cookies.
 
I think they turned out so pretty. It was so fun.
We also attempted going to the Bentonville aerobatics show. But it was so cold, rainy and windy that the planes didn't leave the ground. We loved looking at the planes and the kids even got to climb inside one of them.
We loved this razorback plane
Tanner was in heaven inside this plane. He knew just what to do and started trying to steer the plane. The instructor was quite impressed.
Bailey was an ideal co-pilot
pretty soon we got too cold and decided to head back to the car to eat the picnic lunch we'd packed. 
Tanner loved carrying our umbrella around. lol. I love this little man.
 
Most recently we enjoyed a quiet weekend at home watching general conference.
Nothing better than a yummy breakfast, pajama snuggles and listening to the prophets and apostles.
 
Oh and we finally got to go meet Chris at work and eat at work with him. SAM's has an awesome cafeteria and the kids each got to pick out what they wanted for lunch. The food was so yummy and the kids were thrilled to finally get to go inside Daddy's work.
 
So fat it's been a fantastic first month of fall. I can hardly believe it's October already. We have lots more fun stuff planned and I'm getting really excited for Halloween. Spoiler- we are doing pirates because the kids loved their pirate costumes for Krispy Kreme so much.
I hope everyone is enjoying their fall as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment