Sunday, December 2, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Kickoff

We had our big "Elf on the Shelf- North Pole Dinner" Kickoff yesterday.
We decided to do breakfast for dinner. We ate powdered sugar donuts, eggs, sausage and pancakes. The kids loved having breakfast for dinner and ate so much!
I set the table and got everything ready and then when dinner was ready, I brought the kids to the table. They were pretty excited by everything.
Look at those sweet, excited faces!
Here is the entire layout, complete with a letter from Santa explaining all about our new elf.
Tanner showing me his Santa plate. 
Bailey checkin' out her snowman plate. 
Yum!
Such good eaters! (For once)
Even our little elf, Buddy, sat in on our dinner.
letter from Santa. I tried to try in Christ and the whole real meaning of Christmas.
It talks about how even though sometimes kids don't make good choices and they fight, fuss and cry- they can repent and always stay on the "nice list".
A little cheesey, I know, but we are really trying to keep our Holiday Christ centered.
As a kickoff for our elf of the shelf Christmas season, our little elf brought the kids "elf shoes". They were filled with a few fun toys and treats for the kids. Our elf, who Tanner named "Buddy", also brought the kids Christmas pj's to wear. Aren't they adorable?
Tanner loved his goodies. He got a mini train set, Christmas socks, glowstick, and hot hands.
Bailey's favorite part of her elf shoe was the chapstick. She also got hot hands,Christmas socks and a Christmas Rubik cube. 
Seriously Bailey? She was rubbing her chap stick all over her face and looking very grumpy the whole time. haha
But she wasn't grumpy. She was very pleased with herself and loved her chap stick!
Tanner with his elf shoe and goodies.
Bailey with her goodies and elf shoe.
After the kids went through all their goodies, we read our "elf on the shelf" book. It explained all about the magic of our elf and the concept behind it. Tanner really enjoyed this book.
I'm so excited to start doing "Elf on the Shelf" with my kids. I think Tanner is going to love it and next year Bailey will enjoy it more too.
 
Also, since it was Dec 1st, we started our count down to Christmas. We are opening a book or movie every night until Christmas. That's right, 24 books or movies. Some we already owned, some I bought off amazon and some I just checked out from the library- (yep, I'm real cheap like that). But I'm really looking forward to this. My kids both love books and there are so many cute Christmas stories out there. I'm so excited to read one each night!
Needless to say, its only the 2nd of December and we are having so much fun already. This is going to be a fun filled Christmas season!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment