Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tanner and Bailey's Letters to Santa

I'm so looking forward to the time when my kids can write their own letters, but until then here are their letters to Santa.
Tanner's Letter:

Dear Santa,

This is my third Christmas,
so by now I’m kind of a pro.
So sit down Santa and let me tell you
a few things you ought to know.

A big kid like me wants lots of toys,
but here’s a few I really need.
Some books, puzzles and a race car,
one that can really, really speed.

But I really need my little sister
to hurry up and grow.
If she was bigger we could run and play
and watch some TV shows.

I could show her all my many tricks
and how to keep out of trouble.
We could play outside and ride our bikes
and maybe blow some bubbles.

So if you’ll bring some Christmas magic,
we’ll get this baby growing.
And before we know it she’ll be big enough
to practice her ball throwing.

I know I can count on you St. Nick,
you never let me down.
So hurry over and don’t get lost,
we just moved to a new town.
Love, Tanner Herb age: 2

Bailey's Letter:

Dear Santa,

My big brother tells tales of Christmas eves
and Christmas mornings past.
He says they are days of fun and wonder
and go by way too fast

He says I should write what I want in a letter
and get it in the mail.
Otherwise, come Christmas morning,
I’ll have a reason to cry and yell.

So Santa here is what I want,
pay attention please.
I’m going to make it really clear
and put your mind at ease.

I want to play with my big brother
but make sure he takes care.
For I’m still little and I don’t want
to get squished by the Tanner-bear.

I want Mom and Dad to hold me
and never put me down.
For every time they do,
I feel the need to fuss and frown.

So hurry over to our house,
I’ll leave cookies on a plate.
I hope you’ll bring me what I want,
and make it worth the wait.
Love, Bailey Herb age: 4months

2 comments:

  1. oh here's tanner's too! love them. you're so sweet emily:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable! I wish we could have talked more. Thanks for being such an amazing mother and person! LOVE YOU EM!

    ReplyDelete