Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Haunting

Halloween has come once again and I find myself oddly relieved to have it almost over. I really look forward to dressing up and dressing my sweet boys up, but I'm so ready for a change of scenery around my house. I think my Christmas decorations might come out of hiding a little early this year.
I really struggled deciding on a theme for our costumes this year. Originally I had planned on doing Wizard of Oz characters, but there are just too many cute costumes and I don't have enough kids. Maybe in a few years. I finally decided on Peter Pan.
Tanner was Peter Pan. And he was a darn cute Peter Pan-if I do say so myself.
I made his costume last month and was so excited when I tried it on him and he hadn't outgrown it.
On Thursday we took Tanner to the "Kids Bash" on the ASU campus here. He had fun walking around and watching all the kids play. We dressed Tanner up,


but didn't wear our costumes. We met some friends there and walked around with them. Tanner loves to play with other kids. He is in serious need of a sibling to play with.
We had fun for a while, but then it started to get cold and we had to get Tanner home.
We had a really fun Halloween "Trunk-or-Treat" at our church building yesterday. There was a great turnout and lots of yummy food.
Tanner at the ward party


Here he is...off to fight Captain Hook


I was Tinkerbell and Chris was Captain Hook.

The Herb Family- Halloween 2010


I have to tell you what an awesome sport Chris is. He dresses up without too much complaining and wears the costume all night. He's so awesome. This year his costume was really involved. He had a wig, mustache, hat, sword, hook, coat and pants, ruffly neck thing, belt, boot covers and even an earring. It was awesome. And he looked great. So THANK YOU to my sweet awesome husband, for NOT being one of those lame guys who won't dress up with his family.
After we ate there was a costume parade.

I walked Tanner around because he wouldn't stay with the group. The parade lead around the church and then outside to the parking lot to "Trunk-or-Treat"

While Chris passed out candy out of the back of our car, Tanner and went "Trunk-or-Treating" He didn't really understand the concept but he enjoyed carrying his pumpkin bucket around.

Trick or Treat?


Then Tanner got his face painted. He held fairly still- I was surprised.

Then we headed home. There was a HOGS game on and we were missing it.

Here are a few others from the night.
Peter and Tinkerbell



Captain Hook and Pan

Family shot after "Trunk-or-Treating"

Tanner roaming the halls of the church after he got his face painted.


Also, my two younger sisters flew home from BYU with my sister Sarah's new boyfriend to surprise everyone. Well I knew about it, but no one else did. My parents and brother and sister-n-law flipped when they came in the door. It was so fun. We had a wonderful weekend with them.

I hope everyone had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Now to start getting excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas. YAY!

4 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love it! So I'm guessing you caved and bought your costume? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the dress at D.I for like $5. It was a spaghetti strap, so I added the sleeves, and then cut it up to look more like tink. Then just added wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your costumes. I am a huge Peter Pan fan! Jon is definitely one of those lame husbands because he would never let me do this to him. Way to go, Chris! I can't wait to see Tanner soon (and, of course, YOU!). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you blow me away with your creativeness and motivation!!! So adorable is your little peter pan!!

    ReplyDelete