Tuesday, August 13, 2019

First Day of School 2019

Today is the first day of school and this momma is feeling all the feelings. I know my kids need to be in school. I know its good for them. I know its right. But I just can't find it in me to be happy about it. Don't get me wrong. I definitely enjoy my alone time every now and then, but I am going to miss my kiddos and our summer fun.
On Thursday I took Tucker to his Kindergarten Orientation and he did so great. He got to explore his classroom, meet his teacher and he was so brave. 
I really can't believe that my little buddy is going to Kindergarten. 
Then Thursday night, I took the other kids back to school for their back to school night.
They also got to meet their teachers and drop off their school supplies.
Their school's theme is Toy Story this year, so obviously we had to get a picture with some of the faculty dressed as Rex and Mr. Potato Head.
The kids were so excited and they couldn't wait to start school on today.. 
I was able to take each kid out and snap some back to school pics. I can't believe Bailey started 3rd Grade today. She's my sweet but sassy, book loving girl who loves to learn and is excited to make some new friends today. 


I can't handle how cute she is. 




She's my favorite girl ever!
Then there's Tucker. He's been my little buddy since he was born. Tucker is my most attached kid at this point and I'm really hoping he will love Kindy. If he loves it, then it will make it so much easier to send him to school each day. I love this little face too dang much. 





This is one of my favorites from our back to school pictures. He's such a goof and I love him so much. 


And of course then we have the old elementary school veteran. Tanner started 4th grade today. In Bentonville, the last year of elementary school is 4th Grade. So after this year, I will have a middle schooler. I'm basically in denial. But I'm determined to enjoy this last year of elementary school with him while I can. 

This pose though. lol. I can't even look at this picture without cracking up.
I asked him to pose for me and give me his best smile. He replied " I know just the pose Mom. You're going to love this one". And then he proceeded to pose himself like this.
I can't even handle him. I love him so much. 







Here they are- my three sweet kids on their first day of school. 
I walked all the kids into school this morning and we dropped Tucker off at his classroom first. 
He was so happy and did great when I left. I think I struggled more than he did. 
Next up I dropped Bailey off. She also happily walked in and got settled at her desk.
I'm so excited to watch this girl thrive this year with a great teacher who will appreciate her and encourage her. 

Lastly, I dropped off Tanner. He almost forgot to give me a hug. He's so big and grown up. 
I love him and can't wait to hear all about his day. 


Oh and just for fun, Here are some "Then and Now" shots of the kids in their class shirts. 
Tanner on his first day of Kindy. 
And on his first day of 4th Grade.
He's so big! 
And Bailey on her first day of Kindy (Left) and first day of third grade (right)
And then Tucker on his first day of Kindy. 

I love watching my kids grow with these shirts. It's so fun to see how they are very slowly growing into them. 

And then of course, while the kids were gone to school, Benson and I ran errands and consoled ourselves with huge foot long churros. 

Basically we are both ready to pick up the kids today. We are counting down the minutes until we can see their sweet faces again.
Happy first day of school to all the kids and moms out there. Here's to another year!



No comments:

Post a Comment