Saturday, August 17, 2019

Bailey's Baptism

Today we had the great joy of watching our favorite girl get baptized, surround by family and friends. It was such a wonderful day. I really can't believe that she is so old but I'm incredibly proud of the decision she made to be baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 
We've been preparing for this day and talking about what it means and Bailey really couldn't wait to follow in her brother's footsteps and get baptized. It was a wonderful day and the spirit could definitely be felt!

Before her baptism, we snuck off to take some pictures of her for her invitations and to display around the room. I really only need 4-5 good ones, but this girl was in her element and we had so much fun taking these. She looked so gorgeous. I really can't get over how grown up she looks. 
Doesn't she look beautiful in her white dress?

I love the ones with the floral number 8. 






This is my favorite picture from the night.
There are so many great ones but this is my absolute favorite. The backlighting, her smile, her hair.
She literally looks angelic and I love her so much. 





We had so much fun taking her pictures. And after having her dress altered, we really loved how it turned out. 
I tried my hardest to keep the setup simple. I didn't want to detract from the spirit of the event, but I also wanted to make it pretty. I feel like it came together well and because the lattice work was already covered with flowers, we just had to place the lattice board behind the table when we arrived and then add the pre-made food. It was not a big deal at all. 


I just got some cupcakes from Sam's. We used half for her birthday party yesterday and the other half we used for the baptism. 
Then we also served little cups of popcorn, waters with floral washi tape and sugar cookies. 
My dear friend Tracie made the cookies for me and they were exactly what I wanted. They were perfect and oh so delicious. Literally perfect. I love them. Even the little dress looked like Bailey's dress. She's so nice and was so happy to help me. 



We also had a small entry table setup with programs, pictures, flowers and a small photo book for her friends and family to sign or write their testimonies inside. Bailey loves her little book!
I'm so glad to have this day with our girl.
The program was beautiful.
We sang "When I am baptized" and then Grandpa Herb said the opening prayer.
Then Nanny spoke about Baptism. She talked a lot to Bailey and made it very personal for her. 
Then Daddy baptized Bailey and he did great. Bailey told me she was nervous beforehand, but then as soon as she came out of the water, I wrapped her in a towel and she told me that her tummy didn't hurt anymore and she felt so good. It was a sweet moment shared in the women's bathroom. I just love her.
After we got her all dried and dressed again, Mimi spoke about the Holy Ghost and then Bailey was confirmed a member of our church and given the gift of the Holy Spirit. It was a powerful moment and I am so grateful to my husband for inviting the spirit even more with his sweet blessing.
Then Aunt Sarah and her sweet Family sang " The Miracle" and they did so great. Max and Hazel sang their little hearts out and it was done with so much love. It was very special. We are so grateful to still have them living close so they could be there for this special day and sing for us.  
Then Bro. Ririe, our Bishopric member, spoke briefly and welcomed Bailey into the ward and our Primary President, Misti Harris also spoke very briefly. We were so grateful for their support. 
Then we Sang "Gethsemane" as our closing song and Papa gave the closing prayer.
Cousin Stephanie also came and played the piano for us. She's so very talented. We are so grateful to her. 
It was a very special day. The spirit confirmed to me again the importance of baptism and the decision Bailey had made but also of the mercy and love of the atonement. I'm so profoundly grateful for my Savior and his example to not just me, but to my kids. Bailey wanted to follow her Savior's example and that's one of the first reasons she gave when the Bishop asked her why she wanted to be baptized. We love her so!
We snagged a group shot before her baptism and one of Bailey and her sweet, wonderful Daddy.
Let me just say again how grateful I am for that man. He honors his priesthood and presides and protects our home with all his heart. We love him!
Bailey was blessed to have so many sweet friends and teachers there to support her. 
Look at all these cute girls. 
She was also blessed to have both sets of grandparents there, her Aunt Laura from Japan and her Aunt Sarah and her family. 
I love this group shot so much. It makes my heart happy to see how much love and support Bailey has in her life. Happy Baptism day to our sweet Bailey boo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment