Saturday, May 11, 2019

Chris' 40th Birthday

I can hardly believe this handsome Daddy of ours is 40 years old.
He's seriously the best and we had the best time celebrating him with his favorite cake. 
We had cake and ice cream on Friday, May 10th- his actual 40th birthday.
We celebrated together and just hung out as a family. 
Check out all those candles. Yes there are 40 of them and yes, half of them had melted and dripped wax before we got them all lit, but it was worth it.
We LOVE this guy!


Then on Saturday, I surprised Chris with a party at the clubhouse.
He said he wasn't surprised that I would try and do a party for him, but he was surprised by the date and location.
I invited 8 of his closest friends and it was so fun!
He was so surprised to see so many friends there!
We had a burger bar and it was the perfect party for Chris.
We had tons of toppings, cheese, condiments and chips with soda. 





Oh and I had this printable menu made with each burger named after Chis in someway. It was so fun.
True to form, Chris made himself a "Classic Chris" burger.
Everyone loved the burger bar menu. 

I had a big tub of cold drinks and then his favorite chocolate bundt cake. 
This fun "The year you were born" printable was so cute. It had all this info about the year Chris was born, including clothing trends, entertainment trends, worldwide events. So fun. 

I love this guy and I had the best time putting together this surprise party for him!
He's my favorite person in the world. 

After everyone ate their burgers, we sat around talking and playing games.
We had the best time. We were laughing so hard that I was crying.
We had the best time. Chris even admitted that he had enjoyed it. 

Then we ate cake. 


I got a group picture but not before two couples had already left.
We are so lucky to have so many close friends nearby.

From left to right (Dave and Jessica Furhiman, Kenny and Erin Lowden, Joseph and Julieta Drake, Chris and I, Sarah and Johnny Allred, and the April and Tommy Lowden. 

Sadly, the Castaldis and the Putnums had already left at this point. 
But it was such a great night. 

We had so much fun celebrating Chris. I don't think he ever realizes how well liked and loved he is.
I wanted to write a little bit about him for the party, but I didn't want him to be embarrassed by the attention. But I asked around and talked to him and came up with these answers. 

Best known for his booming laugh, dry sense of humor and terrible camera smile. 
Least favorite thing: Family pictures
Most Favorite thing: Good food 
Favorite hobby: Shooting
Favorite people: Emily, Tanner, Bailey, Tucker and Benson
Nickname: "Other Dude" and "Herb"
Favorite place: Oceanside Oregon (where we took our honeymoon)
Guilty pleasures: Pastries and Video games
Best Day Ever: June 21, 2007


Happy 40th Birthday Chris! I love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment