Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful week celebrating and preparing for Easter. 
I love spring time and the hope and joy it brings. This Easter had a very different feel to it than last year. Last year Covid had just begun. Everything felt so unsure and scary. We were trying to be brave but we had no idea what was coming. Over a year later and the world has changed quite a bit. Things are looking up. This Easter felt much more light hearted. 
We started our Easter week by dying Easter eggs. We had little dying party and some treats. 
I always love watching the kids dye their eggs. Its something I loved to do with my Dad as a kid and I love watching my kids as a mom now. 





Tucker took dying his eggs very seriously and each one was a work of art. 
Benson especially enjoyed dying eggs. He was so fun to watch. 
Bailey's were mostly different shades of pink and purple. 


Tanner worked hard to make different designs with rubber bands and they were awesome. 



They had a great time dying eggs together. 






A couple of days ago we managed to take our Easter pictures. 
I loved their outfits this year. Bailey's pretty green dress was so cute on her. And we found a tie to match for Tanner. The boys had  similar green pants and they all looked so cute. 
I sure love this girl of mine. 
And this boy. He's such a delight. I really love this age. 
Tucker is my sweet, sensitive child. He's so unlike my other kids. Very shy and quiet. 
He looked so handsome. 
And this boy, he may look angelic. But don't let him fool you. He's a buster atleast half the time. 
But he's a sweetheart when he wants to be. And he's so funny. He keeps us laughing for sure. 

Friday night Nanny and Papa came over for the weekend. We had a wonderful visit and we got to enjoy our traditional passover feast with them. Papa was able to lead it for us while we all took turns reading our parts. It was awesome. 

The food was delicious. We always enjoy the lamb. It always a yummy treat. 
Benson really loved our little goblet. 


After our Passover feast, we had our Easter egg hunt. 
The kids really loved searching for the eggs they had dyed themselves. 






This shot of them all comparing their eggs if probably my favorite picture of the night. 
But how I love these little faces. 
We also planted our "magical jelly beans".
Easter morning found the kids happily enjoying their Easter baskets. They weren't very big or fancy this year but the kids enjoyed them. They also found their jelly beans had grown into lollipops. Benson was quite excited about his lollipop.
It was also conference weekend so we were able to enjoy listening together. 
We listened to the morning session of conference  on Sunday and then finished preparing our dinner.
It was delicious and Uncle Joseph joined us too. His family is in Mexico visiting their family so he was alone. It was fun to be all together. 
After dinner we celebrated with some cake for Nanny's birthday. When Nanny saw the cake Chris had made me for my birthday, she said that's what she wanted for her next birthday. So Chris happily made her a snickers flavored ice cream cake. She was so thrilled. I love this picture of them together. 

We had a wonderful Easter together today. Listening to Conference and reflecting on the beautiful atonement and resurrection of our Savior made for a lovely day. I'm so very grateful for my Savior. I'm grateful for the life he lived, his example and his sacrifice. This last year I've learned more of how to rely on him. I've been forced to realize that I cant do everything, even though I try. I've come to understand more about the enabling power of the atonement. He can make me more than I am on my own and for that I am so grateful. 
Happy Easter!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment