Sunday, March 28, 2021

Mountain Home Visit

We just spent a wonderful week in Mountain Home with Nanny & Papa and the Allred family. 
The Allreds were visiting for their Spring break  and since we are homeschooling, we just packed up our books and met them in Mountain Home. Chris stayed behind because he was finishing up the house and closing on the fixer upper. But we had a great time despite not having his help and company. 

I've been trying hard to take less pictures, so this is the first one I took during our stay and it was two days in. 
You would think these boys were enjoying beaters of cookie dough, but they are actually eating mashed potatoes. I was cracking up. They thoroughly enjoyed them. 

On one of days in Mountain Home the weather was really nice so we decided to take the kids for a hike. It was so nice. The kids loved walking and talking together. 

Big Bluff trail was a big hit. 






We did make it to the bluff overlook. Although it caused a lot of anxiety for Aunt Sarah and Nanny, no kids fell over the edge while taking this picture. 


Another day found us at the donut shop. This is one of my favorite places because I love donuts so much. 
The kids spent a lot of time printing coloring sheets and coloring together at the table. It was pretty cute to watch. 
I also got to attend a rock steady boxing class with my Dad while I was home. It was a tough class. I was breathing hard and my heart rate was up. I was impressed! My Dad is seriously a rock star. I loved getting him to watch him do his thing. It was amazing. 

We took the kids to the dollar store one day too. This was such a hit. Each kid got one dollar and each kid got to pick one treasure. They had so much fun. 
After the dollar tree we took the kids to a new ice cream shop. It was so delicious. 
All the flavors are made there and they were so unique and delicious. 





The kids were so thrilled when Papa busted out the laser guns one night after work. 
This is always their favorite things and watching my Dad play with my kids is a favorite of mine. 
Papa had most of the little ones on his team and it was hilarious to watch. 




The kids also got to have a fun sleepover one night. They are so lucky to have each other and I hope they are always such close friends. 


We had a wonderful visit. It was so fun to spend time with the Allreds, Aunt Laura, Nanny and Papa. 
Watching the kids spend time together is so incredibly fun. I'm so glad we made the trip. We were able to do school during the week and still get to spend so much time having fun. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment