Wednesday, March 17, 2021

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 
I was thinking about this day last year and how the world had literally just shut down. I was so grateful we had already bought our traditional lucky charms and I had all the stuff needed for our little celebration last year. The world is better today and I'm so grateful. 
We had a great time celebrating. 
We talked about St. Patrick's day in school. Learned about the traditions behind it and ate some yummy "lucky charm" themed treats. 




 

Benson was especially into St. Patrick's day this year. He loved finding the green milk and tiny green footprints all over the floor. He was so cute. He came into my room bright and early to tell me that a leprechaun had snuck into our house. He was so thrilled about it. 




This is one holiday I don't mind celebrating and decorating for because it usually means my house gets really clean before. Our legend says  if the house is dirty when the leprechaun arrives than he makes an even bigger mess for us to clean up. But if the house is clean when he arrives then he leaves us yummy treats. Nothing motivates my kids more than some delicious sugary treats. So when my house is  happily cleaned up before they go to bed, it makes me so happy and willing to do more fun stuff for them. 
That was our St. Patrick's day. Pretty low key this year, but we had fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment