Tuesday, March 16, 2021

My 34th Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated my 34th birthday.  Sometimes it feels weird that I'm this old, but then I think about how old my kids are and it feels about right. 
I had a great day with my family and got spoiled rotten by them and my sweet friends. 
We took the day off of school and relaxed. I did run to Sushi house and got an order to go. Then I ate in the car in the parking lot of the library. It was going great til I spilled soy sauce all over myself. 
The sushi was delicious though. Then I went into the library and got to browse alone for the whole 30 minute time limit. It was so nice. 

I got to read for a while when I got home and I got a nap. I woke up to Chris making dinner. 
He made steak, shrimp and potatoes. It was so delicious. 
For dessert Chris made me an amazing ice cream cake. It was so delicious.
I can't believe he made it. He's the best. 
I got so many great gifts. My sweet husband and kiddos, family and friends totally spoiled me. 
I sure love these kiddos. 
I got lots of great gifts, but one of my favorites was my weighted blanket. The kids all wanted to try it out with me. It's actually really heavy. Well its 15 lbs but it feels alot heavier. I love how it feels. 

Then today I got to meet up with a bunch of my favorite girl friends for lunch. Last year I didn't get to do anything with my friends because of Covid, so having the world open enough to do this made the birthday even better. 
We had a great time talking and catching up. We went to Newk's and chatted for a couple hours. It was so fun. I'm so grateful for sweet friends who were able to celebrate with me. 

So here I am, 34 years old, married for nearly 14 years, a mother to 4 amazing kids and living life in a pandemic. I can't believe its been year since the world shut down. 
I'm glad this birthday was happier than my last one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment