Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thanksgiving Break in Mountain Home

We just got home from Mountain Home for Thanksgiving. 
We had a great time but it was the most laid back, relaxed thanksgiving break ever.
It was just our family at Nanny and Papa's house and my kids loved getting to have Nanny and Papa all to themselves. Of course, we would have loved to have had cousins to play with, but since that wasn't an option, we made the most of it. 

Tanner was a great helper on the morning of Thanksgiving and he helped us make the stuffing. 

Benson helped with the deviled eggs.
Since it was just the four adults, we had to be intentional with our time and efforts to make sure all the food was finished on time. Dinner was delicious and we all devoured it. 

Of course we did take time to tell what we were thankful for while we ate. That's a tradition that I always love.

Benson was pretty thrilled to get a turkey leg this year. 
After dinner we decided to go for a walk. It was a beautiful day and a walk was just what we needed to help all our food settle. 
I felt keenly how much I have to be grateful for. 
On the top of that list is my sweet husband. He's the best and I love doing life together.
Also at the top of my list is my family- including my wonderful parents. 
We had a great time with Nanny and Papa and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 
After our walk, we went back inside for pie. 
Sadly, my coconut cream pie did not set up very well but Papa still enjoyed it.
Sarah always makes the coconut cream pie for Papa each year, but since she couldn't come I had to try to fill her shoes. 
While the pie had a wonderful flavor, it was very thin. 
We laughed as Papa spooned it into his mouth. 

We all ate pie and visited until bedtime. 
The kids slept in the basement all week and loved it. 

One night after we had brought up all the Christmas decorations from the basement, Tucker slept in the cupboard under the stairs. He called it his "harry potter room" and he loved his special little space. 
It was pretty funny. 

We helped Nanny and Papa get their Christmas decorations up and spent time playing games and watching movies. It really was the most laid back thanksgiving ever and we all enjoyed it. 
It was just what we needed to recover and get ready for the upcoming crazy Christmas season. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we did. 
Now onto Christmas and all the fun and craziness that goes along with this time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment