Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Daughter's Trip to Florida

I just got home from a fantastic trip to Florida with all my sisters and my parents. 
I decided we all needed a break from reality and so I booked a resort for us in Orlando and we all met there for a long weekend. 
We had the best time. It was way too short but so fun.  
My parents and I were the last to arrive on Friday night and we were all so happy to be together.
Naturally, Michelle had dinner waiting for us. She's awesome like that. 
Then we decided to do our "favorite things" exchange. 
Everyone brought six of one of their "favorite" things to exchange. It was pretty fun. 
We all enjoyed explaining why we brought what we had brought and we all came away with 6 new gifts. 
Mom and Dad brought a few extras and spoiled us. 
I brought belt bags and Sarah brought the game "Farkle" and some candy.  Laura brought mutlicolored erasable pens, Julieta brought chapstick, hand santizer and car spray from bath and body and Michelle brought reusable sandwich bags. Then Mom brought potato scrubbers and a self defense alarm. Dad brought gift cards to hobby lobby and home depot. It was so fun. 
That night upon crawling into bed with my sister, Sarah, we laughed at both of our old lady heating pads in our spots. We may be getting old, but we still know how to party. 
The next morning we all dressed in the matching shirts I made for everyone. 
We had a beautiful view from our balcony and I really enjoyed the warmer weather and the view!



I made sure to get a picture with my parents too. 
One thing that had us in constant giggles was the fact that Laura was our rental van driver. 
I had reserved the car under her name, because she was one of the first to arrive in Orlando. 
When Sarah and her went to pickup the van, they were told it would cost extra to add another driver and Laura being Laura decided it wasn't worth it. So then she spent the whole weekend driving us around. 
We couldn't stop laughing at how funny she looked driving all of us adults around in the minivan. 
Our first stop was "Disney Springs"
We also made sure to get some group pictures in our shirts and matching belt bags. 
We were quite the sight. 

Then we explored Disney Springs. 
I didn't need to buy much but I did enjoy eating all the delicious food.
My first purchase was from the cupcake vending machine. I felt obligated to try such an amazing invention. The cupcake was "salted caramel" and it was completely delicious. 
I also just loved watching my parents walk around together, holding hands. They are the cutest. 
We ate lunch at "The Boathouse" and it was delicious. It was a seafood place and the food did not disappoint. 

Then it was off to do more shopping. We stopped by Goofy's candy store and I got one of my favorite treats, a caramel apple. I got a churro flavored one and it was so good. 
 
Surprisingly, I didn't buy any m&ms. But we all enjoyed the store and Mom and Dad found some cute Christmas Ornaments to commemorate the trip. 
That night we ate dinner at our condo and then some of us went down to the pool to relax. 
We all got some mocktails at the bar and enjoyed the hot tub too. 
We also practiced our "Julieta" faces. She has the crazy ability to look serious and yet gorgeous in all pictures. None of us could master it.

Then we went back up to the room to play games and hang out. 

The next day we went out for brunch at "First Watch" and it was delicious as usual. 
It's one of our favorite places to go for brunch and we were excited when there was one just down the road from our resort.
Then we hit the pool and water slides. 

I loved getting to relax and chill by the pool with views of the palm trees. 

Michelle had to leave that evening for an earlier flight and we were sad to see her go. 
We ate dinner at the resort again and then just hung out and played more games. 

The next day we had to all say goodbye to fly home but we gave the "serious Julieta" look one more try. 
Then we all piled back into the minivan and Laura took us to the airport. 
I got to fly back with my parents and that was fun. I will always cherish any time we have together. 

Monday evening we were back to reality and although it was a super quick trip, I am incredibly grateful to my sisters and parents for making it a priority. We laughed until we cried, we ate all the delicious food and just enjoyed being together.
I will forever be grateful for sisters that are also my best friends. I'm so happy that we all enjoy spending time together and that there is literally no drama when we are together. 
My sisters and parents are the absolute best and I'm so glad we were able to make this trip happen. 
As usual, I'm incredibly grateful to my husband for making it possible for me to go. 

I can't wait for our next daughter's trip!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment