Wednesday, May 17, 2023

School happenings

The end of the school year is in full swing and I'm only slightly going crazy. 
Tucker's class just had their "Rise & Shine" assembly and Tucker  and his class worked so hard. 
It was a really hard time for our school since our principal passed away the previous week. 
Tucker's class dedicated their performance to her and they did so great. 
They sang "We're all in this together" and many of the teachers and staff were crying.
They really did an amazing job. I'm proud of Tucker for being brave and doing so well on his speaking part and singing.  




The next week I got to have lunch with Benson and Tucker. 
Sometimes I'm at the school doing stuff for PTO and I just stick around for lunch times. 
Benson has the first lunch hour of the day and Tuck has the last so I work on PTO stuff in between. 
It's always fun to have lunch with the kids, even if I don't bring them any food, they are just happy to see me.

Last week I also got to go with Tucker on his last field trip. 
We went to the "Spanish Treasure Caves" and Tucker loved it. 
It was a pretty fun field trip and I really just enjoyed watching him in his element. 

The first activity was gem panning. Tucker loved it. 
Each kid got a bag of dirt and rocks and they got to rinse them in the little "stream" in the pans and keep all the gems and rocks they found. 
 

 

I love this picture of Tucker. 
The Spanish Treasure caves are called such because supposedly the Spanish were caught in a snowstorm was making their way through the area. They were carrying a large stash of treasure and they buried it here before being attacked and killed by the native people all those years ago. 
Tucker's favorite part was definitely the cave tour.


I was so glad I got to go with him. It was lots of fun and very educational. 
Each year the owners of the cave try to excavate more of the caves in hopes of finding the treasure. 

Tucker and Ivy are the cutest friends. 

Benson's class also had their Rise and Shine today. 
They are such a cute group of kindergartners and it was pretty cute to watch. 
Each of the kids had a speaking part and Benson performed his perfectly. I was so proud of him because he was very nervous about it. 
Tucker was also very proud of his little brother!
This boy is a kinder rockstar and I was so glad to get to be there to see his performance. 
Benson and his best friend, Wesley, are the cutest and they both did so good. 
Benson was also announced as student of the week again, so I went back to have lunch with him again. 
Lastly, we just attended band concerts for both Bailey and Tanner. 
Tanner's concert was first and it was so fun. Tanner got to play the trombone for part of it and it was so cute. He's just stated playing it and he loves it. He enjoyed playing for us. 

Then we had Bailey's concert. She plays clarinet and this was her first year in band. 
It's amazing how far they come in just one year. Bailey really has gotten so good on her clarinet. 
She loves band and she enjoyed her first concert. 



It looks like I'll have two kids in band next year, since both kids love it so much. 

That's it for now. Life is still crazy because it's May and that's how May is. But we are surviving and there is lots more fun ahead. 
Here's too the last few weeks of school! We are almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment