Sunday, May 14, 2023

My Mother's Day

 This year for Mother's day, I decided to take matters into my own hands. 

Sometimes Mother's day is hard. I often set unrealistic expectations for the day and then I'm disappointed and frustrated. Well I decided this year I wasn't going to let that happen. 

I decided that I was going to make a concerted effort to spend one-on-one time each of the kids that made me a mom.  I felt like by making the decision to spend time with each of them, I wouldn't be frustrated when I didn't have any time to myself- which is what happens a lot. 

But I also just wanted to appreciate my little people and this turned out to be awesome and I think it will be a mother's day tradition from now on. 

I spent 30 minutes with each kid and it was so nice. 

Bailey wanted to spend her time with me on a walk with Clementine. So we took the dog for a walk and talked together. 

Tanner wanted to watch one episode of a show together, just him and I- so we did that. 

Tucker also wanted to watch a show together, but in my room and on my bed. (He loves my bed)

Benson decided he wanted to snuggle for his quality time with me. He's my little snuggle buddy and it was so cute. 

I had a wonderful Mother's day. Chris and the kids spoiled me, but I really enjoyed spending time with each of them. 


Happy Mother's day to all my favorite moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment