Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter 2020

Happy Easter! We had a beautiful Easter morning. The weather was just perfect and we woke up to the sun shining. The kids sorted through their Easter baskets before Chris or I were even out of bed.
Eventually we got up and made breakfast. Then we got all the kids dressed in the Easter Sunday best.
They all looked so adorable in their pinks and blues.
Our Easter pictures turned out pretty cute this year. 





We had a wonderful Easter service at home. The kids each gave a wonderful talk about the meaning 
of Easter. 
I helped Tucker type his talk. He told me what to type and I did. Then we printed it and he practiced reading it over and over again. He was able to read the whole talk by himself during our church service. 
His talk read: "To me Easter means Jesus rose from the dead. Because of that, I know that I can be resurrected too. I love my Savior so much. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Next, Tanner gave his talk. He wrote and typed his talk all by himself. He did great.
His talk read: "When you think of Easter you probably think of the Easter bunny and eggs hunts and candy. But Easter is really about the three days of darkness and the fact that we can be resurrected because Jesus was resurrected. It also marks the atonement of Jesus and when he died on the cross. He felt every moment that was bad, every sad thing that ever happened to us and he bled through every pore in his body. He had to suffer to save us from the death we deserve. Because of Jesus we can go to see our Heavenly Father again. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
Lastly, Bailey gave her talk about the meaning of Easter. She also was able to write and type her talk herself. It read as follows: "April is the month of Easter and let me check my calendar- Easter is today! But Easter is not about the Easter bunny or fun Easter egg hunts or even chocolate bunnies. Easter is about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I would never betray my Savior like Judas. 30 pieces of silver is like $600 and that is not worth my Savior. Because Jess died and was resurrected, I can be resurrected too and live with Jesus again. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."


All three kids did a wonderful job on their talks and their sweet testimonies brought the spirit into our home and we were so proud of them and their thoughts about Easter. After church we took a family picture together, before letting the kids change out of their church clothes. 

After our picture I made everyone the promised egg salad sandwiches and we watched some Easter videos. It was such a nice morning. Then it was time for naps. While the kids had quiet time and Benson napped, I worked on Easter dinner.
We had ham, loaded potatoes au gratin, green bean casserole, rolls and deviled eggs. It was all delicious and we are so grateful that we are healthy enough to celebrate together. 
It was a wonderful Easter, during which we were able to focus on our Savior and his resurrection.
It was a beautiful Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment