Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Tanner's Final Cub Scout Pack Meeting

Tonight we had Tanner's last ever pack meeting. Recently the church announced it would no longer be participating in the Boy Scouts of America program and set the end date for Jan 1, 2020. So with that announcement, Tanner decided we needed to buckle down so he could earn his Webelo rank and his "arrow of Light" before then.
Let me known that he wasn't even 10 when the announcement was made, so by the time he entered the Webelo class we only had 4 months to earn his rank and get his arrow of light. It was tight but we made it happen. He was was dedicated to getting that arrow and it was so awesome to watch him work for it.
I helped decorate for the pack meeting because I really wanted it to be special for the boys, since it was not only their last one, but also a crossing over ceremony for a few of the boys, including Tanner. 
I decided on a "campfire" theme and it was so fun. 
We served hot dogs, salads and chips. 



And I made 36 campfire cupcakes to share. 

And this arrow of light cake to celebrate Tanner and two of his friends who were earning the award. 
Tannner, Bridger Putnum and Caleb Lott. These sweet boys started in scouts together and were able to finish strong together. 



After eating dinner, we did awards. Here is Tanner pinning me with both the webelo rank pin and the arrow of light pin. 
Of course, his brothers were also front and center during the process because they never leave me side. I am blessed with so many little boys in my world. 
Then Tanner got to speak about his time in cub scouts and what he loved most about earning his Arrow of Light. Then his Scout Master, Chet Putnum, spoke about Tanner and his never ending enthusiasm. 

Tanner also led the pack in the scout law. 
Then the younger scouts built the crossing over bridge and Tanner, Caleb and Bridger all recieved their "arrow of light" award and crossed the bridge into boy scouts.
I may or may not have been a little emotional at this point. It's a big deal and I am so proud of Tanner for doing the work (with some help and encouragement from me) to earn his ranks and awards. 
This sweet boy is excited to join a community boy scout troop when he turns 11. I'm excited to see our journey continue with this kid and to witness all the good he will do in the world. We love you Tanner and we are so proud of you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment