Sunday, September 8, 2019

Kansas City Overnight Trip

This last weekend we were able to drive up to Kansas City for a quick overnight trip.
We met Aunt Sarah and Uncle Johnny and their family at the hotel and while they went to the temple, Chris and I took all the kids to the pool. Look at all those cuties. I was holding Grant in my arms while taking this picture.
Chris drove over to a local BBQ place and got us some delicious dinner and then when Aunt Sarah came back, we swapped and Chris and I were able to go to the temple.
Chris had actually needed to go for a meeting with the Temple president. He was just called as a Kansas City Temple worker and he was set apart on Friday night.
I'm so dang proud of this guy. He works so hard and now he's adding one more thing to his busy schedule, but I know the blessings will come from this sacrifice.
While he was meeting with the temple president, I got to do some temple work and enjoy the spirit of the temple while I waited. 

Then we went back to our hotel and put our wild kids to bed. 

The next morning we headed over to the Overland Park Conference Center for a parenting workshop put on by Ralphie Jacobs. I've been following Ralphie for about a year now on social media and I find her some inspiring and motivating. She really knows how to make you want to be a better parent.
Aunt Sarah and April and Tommy Lowden came along too and we all got to sit together.
It was seriously amazing. Both Chris and I came away feeling so empowered. We learned new skills, new concepts, gained a better understanding of how our kids' brains work and develop. We learned about how to set better examples and teach them expectations. It was the best 5 hours of parental advice I have ever had and I am so excited to put what I learned into action.

While we were at our parenting conference, Nanny and Papa and Uncle Johnny watched the 7 kids.
Happily the weather was amazing and they were able to eat some breakfast at the hotel and then drive over to a local park and play and play and play. 
The kids loved it.

After our conference was over, we met everyone at this super cute ice cream shop.
The kids were so happy to see us. They immediately climbed all over Chris and started telling him all about their day. It was pretty adorable. 
Seriously, look how excited they are to see their dad. They love him so much.
I do too, so I can't blame them.
This place had amazing ice cream and all the flavors were delicious. Both Benson and Tucker got mint chocolate chip, while Tanner and I got salted Caramel and Daddy and Bailey got dark chocolate raspberry. SOO YUMMY!


It was such a cute shop. I loved this chalkboard print. 

And we had to get a picture of Nanny and Papa and their herd of grand kids. 
I know they were worn out from all the park fun, but they were rock stars and the kids had the best time. I'm so grateful they were willing and able to watch our kids so we could go learn and become better parents. 

Now to put what we learned into action. I'm so excited!






No comments:

Post a Comment