Sunday, February 10, 2019

Valentine's Day Getaway

 On Friday my sweet, amazing husband whisked me away for a super romantic weekend.
This awesome guy planned the whole weekend himself and surprised me.
He arranged babysitting with my siblings and booked the hotel himself. It was just so nice. 
I love this guy of mine so much.
So Friday night we dropped the kids off at Sarah's and took off.
This is us in the car, leaving their house. Can you tell how excited we are??
We drove straight to "Gaskin's Cabin" in Eureka Springs and indulged in our favorite prime rib!
Seriously the best meat I've ever tasted.
We went here 7 years earlier for our 5th anniversary and I thought for sure I had built this place up in my mind, but no. It totally held up. Such an amazing dinner!
Sarah sent me this picture before bed on Friday and it made me so happy. The kids love Aunt Sarah's house and they were having such a great time. 
Saturday morning Chris and I explored Branson. We ate breakfast at a little country cafe and then did some shopping. We found each of our kids a little surprise at "Dick's 5&10". It was so fun. 
Then we did some more shopping. Chris really enjoyed "Bass Pro Shop" and we also got some thank you gifts for Sarah and Johnny. It was so fun to just walk around and shop together and enjoy each other. 
Saturday night we went out for a nice sushi dinner.
It was such a relaxing weekend. We napped during the day. Ate all the yummy food we could get our hands on and just enjoyed talking to each other without kids interrupting. 
Sunday morning Sarah and Johnny took all 7 kids to church. They are such troopers. They told us the kids were angelic all weekend and they really just enjoyed them.
It was so nice to hear. 

Sunday morning we slept in, found some yummy breakfast and then headed home. 
The weather was freezing and their was supposed to be snow/ice coming so we didn't want to stay out late. Our weekend was wonderful but we were so happy to see our babies too!
We drove to Sarah and Johnny's and they fed us all, then we drove home with all our babies. It was so fun to see them all again. We might have a million crazy kids, but they are our crazies and we love them. 
Thank you to my sweet sister, brother-in-law and my husband for making this weekend possible.
It was the best. Best Valentine's day we've had in a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment