Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tanner's First "Blue and Gold Banquet"

Tonight we got to go to Tanner's Cub Scout "Blue and Gold Banquet".
He loved it so much. Tanner loves everything about cub scouts and I'm so happy that he does. It means I get his full enthusiasm whenever there is anything we have to work on together.
So the ward fed everyone dinner at the banquet, but they asked the boys to bring a dessert to share and awards were given for creativity. Tanner picked out what he wanted to do and I helped him make it. He was so funny about it. He knew just what he wanted and he worked so hard. 
I cut out the baskets, fry bags and the brownies shaped like burger patties.
Then Tanner did all the rest. He piped on the different color frostings, he added sprinkle sesame seeds and he stacked the cupcakes to look like burgers. I like of love how they turned out.
Then he helped me roll out the cookie dough and then we sprinkled it with sugar and baked them. Then as soon as we took them out of the oven, we cut them with a pizza cutter into skinny fries and placed them in the fry bags.
Presenting Tanner's cupcake burger sliders with a side of sugar cookie fries.
He was so happy with his dessert. All night at the banquet he watched as people came and got one of our desserts and then he would turn to me excitedly and say "Mom, look someone else wants to try our treat." He loved it!
I had to snap a few pictures of my boy during the banquet program.
He looks so handsome in his little wolf uniform.
How cute are these boys?
During the awards ceremony part of the banquet Tanner was called forward and asked about some of the adventure loops he earned. He was so serious up there. It was cracking me up.
But he was brave and spoke into the microphone.
His leaders talked about Tanner a little bit and said what a fun kid he was. They said he brings a great energy and enthusiasm to their den and the love having him in their group.
I'm grateful for Tanner's cub scout leaders and their hard work.
Tanner loved winning an award for his dessert.
He won "Best Presentation" and he was so excited. 
This boy had a great time at his first "Blue and Gold Banquet" and I'm so glad we were all able to be there together. We sure love our cute little cub scout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment