Friday, February 23, 2018

Bailey's Student of the Week/Rise & Shine

Last Friday, Bailey was announced as student of the week for her class. Her teacher texted me the night before to tell me in case I wanted to be there. Of course, I wanted to be there to see her face when her named was called and I'm so glad I didn't miss it. 
This is when she noticed me in the audience. She then ran over and gave me a big hug. She asked me why I was at her school and I said, I just wanted to be there. Then she said "I hope someday I get to be student of the week" and I had to hold back my grin. 
Then her sweet teacher called out her name and Bailey was so thrilled. 
So all this past week she's been able to do fun stuff as the Student of the Week.
On Monday she got to bring in a spotlight sheet that we filled out together. Tuesday she brought in 5 pictures of herself to share. On Wednesday I got to have lunch with her. 
She was so happy that I came. Here she is before we ate lunch. 
And making silly faces together. 
It was so fun. I brought her lunch from sonic like she requested and we enjoyed it with her little brothers.
Then after first grade lunch, second graders came in. So I got to have lunch with Tanner boy too.
We had also brought lunch from Sonic for him. He was pretty thrilled.
I didn't get to have lunch with him when he was "Student of the Week" so this helped make up that. 

Then today, Bailey's class performed in the school's rise and shine assembly.
Their program was themed around President's day and it was adorable. The kids all wore "Red, White & Blue" and they sang about the presidents- especially George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
Bailey learned so many cool facts about past presidents and she was telling them to us all week long. It was hilarious. I had to fact check her sometimes because I had never heard some of the things she was telling us. But she was right and all her facts were actually true.  

Bailey's part in their program was to announce the sides available for lunch that day. She did a great job and was so brave. 
Here they are singing their "Presidential Celebration" song. It was so cute. 

Her class also made a video with each kid reciting a fact about a past president. Bailey's fact was "President Abraham Lincoln was very strong. He won almost 300 wrestling matches".
I'm so proud of this girl. It was a great week spent celebrating the wonderful student that she is and her class' "Rise and Shine" was the perfect culminating event. 
Here's a group picture of Bailey's whole class after their "Rise and Shine"

They did great and we are so proud of our smart first grader girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment