Monday, October 31, 2011

We're off to see the Wizard...


Happy Halloween!
This year our family costume theme was the Wizard of Oz. I had so much fun putting our costumes together and I loved how it all came together. Each year I fall in love with my husband a little more because he is such a good sport about dressing up for Halloween. This year was no exception.
Chris was the Tin Man, I was Scarecrow, Tanner was the Cowardly Lion and Bailey was our Dorothy.


We went to our ward Halloween party on Saturday night and we had a lot of fun. Nanny and Papa were there and they were kind enough to take some pictures for us.
Dorothy and I

My cowardly lion and little Dorothy

Love my Dorothy


When we got home Chris' parents arrived and we visited with them for a bit.
This morning I dressed the kids in their Halloween outfits that I've been saving just for today.

tonight we took Tanner trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. He had so much fun. He ran most of the way and loved knocking on the doors. He'd run to the door and then instead of actually knocking on the door, he'd say "Knock Knock". So cute! Then he'd say his "please" and "thank-you"-and as we walked away he'd yell "bye bye." I think he actually said "trick-or-treat" only twice.
Mimi and Tanner before we left to trick-or-treat

Running around the neighborhood- he ran almost the whole time. He was so excited

love this shot...

When we got back to our house Tanner immediately dumped his bucket out and started sorting his candy into piles. He moved his piles around the room and then he gave it all to Bailey.
Tanner going through his candy

Giving all his candy to Bailey

Bailey in her Bumbo

Blogger keeps rotating this pic...ugh
but i love this little face

Then as we had more and more kids come to our house to trick or treat he started giving them his candy. He'd open our door and right away put his candy in their buckets- whether they wanted it or not. He was cracking us up.
Here are a few pumpkin carving pics.
Mom and Tanner

"Mom, look whats in here"


Tanner loved it when Chris pulled the top off.

This pic cracks me up. I asked Tanner to say "cheese" and he folded his arms

I think we all had a great halloween and we really loved having Mimi and grandpa here with us.
I put the kids in their halloween pjs and snapped a few more pics.
Bailey's kitty bum

my sweethearts

Now to welcome November in and prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't believe October is over!!! Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are too cute! I love the Halloween theme! And I love Bailey's little Halloween get-up with leg-warmers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey is the cutest Dorothy ever. And Tanner is the cutest lion! Love your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey is seriously adorable! You have the happiest babies! Love the costumes and loved the pics from the blessing and St. Louis too!

    ReplyDelete