Sunday, April 30, 2023

Stake Conference Surprise!

Today I was given a new calling and I'm still kind of in shock. 
I was asked to serve in the Stake Relief Society Presidency. I felt very surprised but I accepted the call and now I am the stake relief society secretary for the Bentonville Stake. 

My old bishop, Matt Lindsey, is now the first counselor in the stake presidency and he called me into talk on Thursday before Stake conference. He told me that our stake will be splitting soon and we are breaking ground on the Centerton stake center this fall. The stake president hopes that by calling two people from Bentonville and two from Centerton, we will have people with experience to help with the new stake when it comes time. 

He also said that the Stake presidency is very aware of our family's circumstances. They know Chris is currently serving as the first counselor in our ward's bishopric. He's already very busy and they are aware. He said they kept looking for other options, but the spirit kept directing them back to my name. 

I really feel completely inadequate and unprepared. I've never even served as a secretary at church so I feel like I have a lot to learn. But the women I will be working with are amazing. I already know both the counselors and the Relief Society president called me this week to talk things over and she seems wonderful. I'm very excited to get to work with these women and learn from them.



I think the thing I am most excited about is getting to serve the women in our stake. I know there is so much that happens that I am unaware of and I'm really excited to find ways to uplift and help others. 
I want to find ways to share the gospel and my testimony with others and I feel like this calling will help me do that. 


I'm praying daily for strength and guidance from my Heavenly Father so that I can be his Hands on earth. I also received a beautiful setting apart blessing after Stake Conference. 
Bro. Douglas set me apart and in that blessing my favorite thing was when he promised me that "when both my husband and I are busy with church meetings, trust that our kids are in the Lord's hands."
I just thought that was the sweetest blessing and it was such a comfort to my mommy heart. 

Wish me luck, this is my first stake calling and I really want to give it all I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment