Friday, March 18, 2022

My 35th Birthday/Birthday week

I just finished celebrating my 35th birthday with a full week of fun. 
I can hardly believe I'm 35 but the way my body has been aching lately actually proves my age. 
On Monday I got to have lunch with a  bunch of my girlfriends. It was so fun. We all met at "Tacos for Life" and it was such a good time. We talked and talked until I had to leave to get Benson from Pre-k. 

Tuesday was my actual birthday. Chris worked from home so I could have the day to myself. 
I started the day by sleeping in a bit and then going to High Fitness at the gym. 
Tori taught the class and since our birthdays are just a day apart, we celebrated together. 
After class, I went home and showered. Then Chris, Benson and I went to sushi house for lunch. Benson loved this so much. He felt so special getting to go with us and getting his own sushi roll. It was pretty cute. He kept giving me snuggles the whole time. 
 
After lunch I met my friend, Jade, for mani/pedis. It was so nice and relaxing. I found a new nail tech and I wont ever go anywhere else. She did such a great job and gave the best foot massage. 
After getting my nails done, I picked the kids up from school and we went to the school book fair and the kids got a  bunch of books. Then we came home and hung out for a bit before driving to dinner. 
We finally got to eat at "Texas Roadhouse". It opened about 4 months ago but has been consistently busy, with a three hour wait every time we call. But on my birthday we got right in and got seated. 
It was really nice and the food was delicious. I was so spoiled with food. 
After dinner we went home and we were all too full to eat cake right away, so I opened my presents. I got lots of fun stuff for my birthday and it was awesome. I even got a new game for the family. We played a round of our new game called "Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza" and then we ate cake. 
 


My family and friends spoiled me rotten. I'm so grateful for them!
I think one of my favorite gifts was this bluetooth eye mask. I can listen to music or audiobooks at night while I fall asleep and I love it. It's way more comfortable than falling asleep with my airpods in my ears. 
On Wednesday, my friend Erin took me out for Brunch. We went to our favorite brunch place "First Watch" and had a great time chatting and eating. The food is always so good!

Then on Thursday, Benson and I were home together. We cleaned around the house and did laundry, Then we decided we needed to get some lunch, so we went to get some Mexican food together. Benson and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. 

Thursday night I got to go out with my friend April. We both had a ton of errands to run before our spring break trips so we ran our errands together. We had a great time hanging out, talking and laughing together. We also grabbed some dinner. I've missed that girl. 

Today, Friday, I mostly just packed and got us ready for our trip. Benson and I did eat a sub from "Firehouse subs" and worked hard to get the van cleaned out. 
Now we are all packed. The van is loaded and tmrw we leave for our Spring break trip. 

This week was lots of fun. I loved getting to see so many friends, spend time with my hubby and sweet kids. I loved getting spoiled with awesome gifts and I love my pretty nails. What a great week. Maybe 35 won't be so bad! Only time will tell. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment