Sunday, August 2, 2020

August Summer Fun

 Because we left for Oregon on August 1st, we had very limited time to play at home in August. But we did squeeze in one of our favorite summer time traditions. The kids were so thrilled when we finally caught the ice cream truck. This is a one-time thing each summer because the treats are so ridiculously expensive and the kids were worried we would leave for Oregon without getting our treats. But we were able to make it happen and they were thrilled. 


And this was the first time Benson really understood the ice cream truck and he loved it. He got a "Spongebob" ice cream bar because to my ever living shame, he loves "Spongebob Squarepants". 
Tucker and Bailey both got snow cones and Tanner, with his mature palate, got a snickers bar. 


Also we were able to have a watermelon seed spitting contest with Papa before he left on Sunday. 

I love these shots of Papa spitting with Tanner and Bailey. Tanner's really got some air. 
I also took my kids out for a watermelon photo shoot. I don't know why I love this photo so much but I really do. It just screams summer to me. 
And this one of Benson just going after it- I'm dying. It's so funny. 






                                       




Well that's it for our summer fun. We've been swimming so much this summer. Our pool has strange rules due to covid-19 concerns. But we've been getting up and getting to the pool when it opens at 9 am and then we have the pool to ourselves for about an hour sometimes 1.5 hours. 
We've spent so much time together these last few months but somehow we still like each other. We can't wait to get to Oregon and visit our family there. Wish us luck on our 30 hour drive. 





No comments:

Post a Comment