Thursday, July 16, 2020

4 months of COVID-19 Life

I've been trying to keep a record of this crazy pandemic, it's been insane to watch the statistics jump each and every day. So here are the stats as of today- 4 month mark.
The U.S. hit the latest bleak milestone in this historic pandemic: 4 million confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Experts agree the number of cases is actually much greater – potentially 10 times higher than what's been reported. More than 143,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the U.S., which leads the world for most cases and deaths.
In the state of AR there are 31,114 total COVID-19 cases and 341 deaths. The state entered phase II of reopening and the cases are just increasing more and more. I don't know when we will reach out peak but we haven't yet.  Also the Governor pushed back the first day of school for the state to the week of August 24th. This also gave us an extension to figure out what type of schooling we are doing this year. We have to decide between virtual or blended. Blended means the kids start on campus and attend school in person until the schools close. Virtual means they do everything on their computers from home. We have decided to do virtual. Honestly, it wasn't really a choice for us once I talked to Tucker's doctor. Tucker has asthma and with his respiratory issues he shouldn't be attending in person classes. He also said that Tanner and Bailey should stay home too because they could just bring it home to him. So we are doing virtual. The kids weren't thrilled but they've warmed up to the idea. I'm still in mourning over my loss of freedom, but I'm warming up to the idea too. 
We've been working at our fixer upper house every spare minute we have. We are there every weekend and Chris goes over most nights to work after dinner. 
This means lots of hot days in the sun for the kids. They love sitting under the big tree in the front of the house while we work out front. 





    Chris also had to attend annual training this week. He just took over command of a company in Jonesboro, AR. We are so proud of him and this promotion, but it makes me nervous to have him attending such large gatherings. He assured me they were safe and took all the precautions possible. Meanwhile, the kids and I have just been surviving the best we can. We still aren't seeing friends. We've  been able to see our cousins but that's it. We are looking forward to visiting our family in Oregon next month.That's it for our covid-19 update. 
We are all just surviving the best we can. I made myself a new shirt with my new motto on it. 
    I also started a 30-day yoga challenge that ended at the end of June. It was so nice. I really looked forward to my time to myself everyday. It was wonderful and I've been doing it almost daily since the challenge ended. It's such a great stress relief for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment