Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Sometimes I feel like this winter will never end. Every time our snow melts and the temperatures get above freezing, I get my hopes up- only to have them dashed by these silly white flurries.
We've tried our best to enjoy the snow and have fun, but we are ready for spring.
This was the scene we woke up to on Tuesday. Well it snowed on Sunday but then Monday it got above freezing and started to melt. Then Tuesday morning this storm hit. 

It wouldn't have been so bad but we had about an inch of ice come down too. The ice shut down the school and we've been house-bound ever since. 
We decided to find some ways to entertain ourselves.
We made some Valentine's day cards the grandparents. The kids love the toilet paper heart pictures.


And yes, my kids are in their underpants because I didn't want them getting paint all over their clothes. Who doesn't enjoy some good underpants crafts?
We also made some more tapioca pearls to play with in the warm tub. This was perfect because it was so freezing we didn't want to leave the house, but the kids were going crazy. This kept them happy, entertained and warm. 



This picture makes me smile. 

Then yesterday we made "snow paint". This is nothing more than water with food coloring in squeeze bottles, but the kids were thrilled. Super simple and fun activity!
Isn't my artwork beautiful? Lol. Bailey was thoroughly impressed. 
In typical "Tanner fashion" he was hard at work with a masterpiece. 
Sometimes their artwork was a joint effort. 

Love these kiddos but I seriously cannot wait for Spring. I'm ready to plant flowers, play in the grass and go on picnics again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment