Saturday, December 11, 2010

Seeing Santa

We leave for Oregon in three days. I can hardly believe it. Tomorrow I have sharing time and then Monday I'll be spending my time doing laundry and packing, so I thought I'd go ahead and catch up on the past week.
Monday we went over to the ASU campus for the "Jingle on the Green" They have this "Jingle" every year, but this was our first time to go. They had live musical performance and some dancers, there was hot cocoa and cookies, face painting, you could make your own Santa hat and then of course, Santa was there in his sleigh.
We didn't do the face painting or hat making, we spent the majority of our time in line to see Santa.
We were in line for an hour and it was freezing. By the time Tanner got to have his turn he was too cold and tired to be happy. He just keep trying to squirm off Santa's lap.

We did get a family picture, but once again- Tanner isn't very happy.


He had a lot of fun with his Uncle David. He rode around on his shoulders and loved it.


Then he discovered the luminaries lining the sidewalks and we had to walk around and see those.

Here are my cute Parents


Despite being so cold- Tanner did not want to go home. We had to pratically drag him to the car.



We gave him a nice warm bath and then bundled him up in bed, but he was so cold that he didn't stay asleep long. He actually spent that night in our bed, nice and cozy between Mom and Dad.

Today I took Tanner to see Santa again. My favorite little Baby store was having Santa pictures and since I can't pass up an opportunity to get pictures, we went. Tanner took a little convincing- he didn't know how he felt about Santa today.
At first he just looked at him and tried to get down and come to me, but after a little encouragement- he warmed up to Jolly St. Nick.
You can see the apprehension in his face in this picture


But then he figured it was ok


He had a blast watching the other kids sit on Santa's lap and talking to them, but he wasn't a huge fan of sitting on his lap alone.

Well this will probably be it from us until after Christmas. I hope everyone travels safely and enjoys their Christmas. Even though we're going to miss my family- I know we will have fun in Oregon. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment