Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

The most romantic day of they year has come once again. Most romantic right??? Well for us, it was kind of crazy, stressful, busy...but yes- it was still romantic. Chris is taking his "series 7" test on Tuesday. This test is pretty much the key to success in the financial investments and advising industry. He has been studying from 8 am to about 10 pm everyday for the last 2 weeks. So you can say we've kind of been on pins and needles lately. But hopefully it will all pay off. Tanner and I trying to find quite ways to have fun while Dad studies. Tanner in his crib playing with his stuffed animals. Despite the tension we're both feeling right now, I think Valentine's day was a big success. It was a two-day event and this year it was Chris' turn to plan our date. We take turns- and even though he has been stressed out, he did a dang good job. Yesterday he made me chocolate chip waffles- one of my favorites- for breakfast. Then he studied all day and I went to my parent's house with Tanner to make Chris' heart shaped cinnamon rolls for the next morning. When I got back from doing that, I started getting my house ready for my sister Laura and her friend to come over and babysit Tanner. I made some cupcakes with "X" and "O"s on them, a heart shaped pizza, and then I laid out every chick flick we own for them to pick from.

There was also a card and box of chocolates from Tanner- thanking his Aunt Laura for being his valentine.
Anyways- after Laura and her friend got to our house, Chris and I left for our dinner reservation. And get ready to be impressed- Chris made this reservation a month in advance- So he really had been thinking about this day for a while. We ate at "Me" on the Square. It was delicious food, with a cozy and romantic atmosphere. It was a little pricey, but once a year we can splurge. That was about a 2 hour dinner...then we went to see a movie. We saw "Valentine's Day" which I wouldn't really recommend...lots of big names, but not much of a plot. Tanner (Dad) gave me a big box of chocolates and Tanner (Me) gave Dad a big candy bouquet and some new ties. Then today we had heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast, went to church, ate our leftovers from dinner last night. YUM!
Tanner in his "Valentine's Day" outfit.

Then snuggled up for another sappy movie. "Love Happens" It was good- not really what we expected, but clean and sometimes funny. So I guess you could say.. "so far so good" I love my sweet husband and all he does for me. And I know its pathetic, because you shouldn't need a reason to spoil your husband, but I'm grateful for this day- because it gives me an excuse to be extra sappy and lovey dovey with him.
In other news.. Tanner is still growing up way too fast. He discovered his play bench this past week and we've been having a blast with that.

Here is a video clip of Tanner and Papa playing this week. Its short because I ran out of memory on my camera- but this went on for probably 10 minutes.

I love his little laugh. Also- Tanner is still trying to cut teeth- and I've discovered these little netted teethers are wonderful for holding ice. He gums on this to his heart's content.

I remodeled one of Tanner's onsie this week. It use to just be gray- i added the argyle design to the front of it. Really easy!



And I also made a few more ties for Tanner this week.

My sweet boy

booty-licious!


Well that was our big Valentine's Day event. Next year is my turn- and call me crazy, but I'm already planning our valentine's cards.
I sent a few out this year, if you didn't get one- I apologize- but here is what they looked like.

I didn't make many- but next year I'll do better- I promise.
Love you all! Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! I can't believe how big Tanner is! Seriously! (standing up by the play bench??!) He's so cute- and you are the wifey/mother/sister extraordinaire! Sorry I interrupted your romantic evening... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I'm not going to lie, I'm about to cry.
    I can't believe, #1 he's sitting up on his own, #2 that he's STANDING! :( I love and miss ya'll, and LOVED my card! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry- he's not standing up for very long on his own. And he's not pulling up by himself. I can stand him up and he will stay like that for about 1 minute, then he tries to get down...He's not that grown up. Trust me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your post EM! I think your doing such a crafty job WE SO need to get together soon! ttyl :D Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute onesie! I love Tanner! I just want to squeeze him! Too bad I won't be seeing him for a while (or you)! :(

    ReplyDelete